Monday, September 11, 2006

Get off you monkey !!


Writing has never been so much of pleasure, so exciting and the same moment so scary and intimidating. After numerous attempts to stamp my presence in the blogoshpere I finally gathered enough courage, enough time and enough exhilaration to actually sit and type this first blog of mine. May be its too little too late. May be I am the last one to board this bus but what the heck. I finally did it. I am writing my first blog.

There were so many reasons for me to be indisposed to start a blog. The very thought that it’s going to be read by thousands of readers or may be hundreds of thousands (ok ..I am just getting too optimistic here) made me nervous. And to add to my agony a majority of the readers would be total strangers to me. The very thought that there are people unknown to me, people I have never have met would be reading my writings made me affrighted. These writings will not be hidden in my closet and then make their way to the junk yard ultimately unlike the hundreds of pages I had written in the past. Yeah, I can make this blog private and keep it to myself but that would be against the very basic principle of blogging. Wouldn’t it.

But I saw blessings in disguise. When my readers don’t even know me, it becomes easier for me to express what I feel. It matters little if they loved or hated my writings. I don’t have to see their faces after the sun rises. It’s like entering a yahoo chat room with an id like “satisfymepls” and give tongue to all your fantasies without worrying too much about your reputation. (I know what you are thinking. I never did it. I just happened to see people doing it).

And of course blog publishing doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket. Neither does it ask for too much of your time. Just imagine reaching to so many people across the world (one more word of optimism) without spending a penny (office pays my internet expenses). Isn’t it incredible?

It’s the modern tool to evince your emotions, rant your heartaches and convey your thoughts. Blogging helps you in sorrow, in happiness, in dillema, in catastrophe, in felicity. ( a little exaggeration is not bad ). A blog a day keeps the psychiatrist away.

Aren’t these reasons enough to write the modern way and embrace blogging? How could I not think of this earlier!! Sheer stupidity. Blame it on my sluggish brain.

Anyways, I have finally managed to get the monkey off my back. I promise to myself to walk the blog way now.
Amen!

No comments: